I am an artist but also a professional entertainer and I take a lot of joy from interacting with guests and subjects while drawing and showing off my skills. Indeed I pride myself on being witty and charming, thus adding an extra dimension to the performance and creating a buzz. I offer an entertainment SERVICE, not just a PRODUCT as you might find at a Them Park or Pier, which is why you pay a premium for me, so please let me entertain your guests to the best of my ability, which can be done by following these points:
- Introduce me properly, as the UK’s celebrity caricaturist, GQ illustrator and professional entertainer. Help build up a buzz. Perhaps mention my many TV appearances?
- Show my caricatures off, do not whisk the drawings away, put them in your room, tare them up or otherwise hide them. Please encourage guests to pass the caricatures round, create a buzz and raise some laughter!
- Do not ask me to work at the same time as the speeches, disco or band, as it kills all chances of banter or laughter which is essential to my performance.
- Please note that I cannot draw guests whilst they are eating food (ie; during dinner courses) but table hop between courses, which is mor polite and practical.
- Please chat and interact with me, as I am not a drawing machine and love nothing better than a good banter!
It breaks my heart when I leave a venue after an evening of battling against a Disco, not having chatted with any guests, with no drawings floating around, while wondering if I wowed them. This may be good enough for some amateures, many of whom sit at an easel in a corner, but its not good enough for me. I am a walkabout entertainer, not unlike a Magician or Comedian, so please treat me as such and your party will go with a swing.